Education5th year PhD student in Dept. of Molecular Biology & Genetics, Cornell University
B.S. Biology (Genetics), Minor in Spanish, University of Iowa
* Teaching Assistant for Undergraduate Genetics, 281, Cornell University (2010)
* Teaching Assistant for Molecular Evolution, Cornell University (2011)
* Teaching Assistant for Genetics, 281, Cornell University (2013)
* Presidential Life Science Fellowship, Cornell University, (2009-2010)
* Graduated with High Distinction, University of Iowa, GPA 3.93/4.0
* University of Iowa Valedictorian Scholarship (West High School, Iowa City, Iowa)
Relevant Classes (Undergraduate and Graduate):
* Calculus I and II, biostatistics
* Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Microbial Genetics, Advanced Eukaryotic Genetics
* Spanish grammar, Spanish literature
Why I want to be a tutor:
I really like engaging with students and helping them understand difficult concepts. It is very rewarding to watch as students gain understanding of a concept and in this way help them pursue their own academic and career goals. This is what motivates me to pursue a career in academia.
I understand that each student is unique in his/her learning style and that one explanation may suffice for one student but not another. Therefore, I am committed to learning how each individual best learns and understands each concept. I will work with the student to find the best way for him/her to understand and approach his/her assignments and exams.
HobbiesI am very active and enjoy hiking, running, pilates, yoga and lifting weights. I love music and can play both guitar and piano. I dabble in photography. I am happiest when I am outside. I love watching birds and animals in their natural habitat. I have 2 cats and love animals in general. I have 2 sisters who both live in CA and I am always excited to go visit them!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.